Yes! ACN Home Phone Service routes your incoming and outgoing voice right alongside the data being sent to or from your computer. Therefore, you can use your high-speed Internet connection for more than just web surfing. You can place and receive calls while you use your computer to access the Internet, as well as when your computer is off or not connected to the Internet. ACN uses advanced audio compression techniques to minimize the data traffic caused by calls and maximizes the bandwidth available for your other Internet traffic.
ACN Home Phone Service provides a single rate plan to meet all your needs! ACN World Plan* includes unlimited domestic (to the U.S. and within Canada) and international calling to more than 80 mobile and landline destinations. To see the rates to destinations (countries) not included in your rate plan, click here.
*World Plan offered as stand-alone rate plan or when bundled with High-Speed Internet. ACN North American plan available in select areas only with bundled with High-Speed Internet. See High-Speed Internet offers for complete details.
In most instances, ACN is able to transfer your existing telephone number. When you switch to ACN Home Phone Service, simply select the option ‘I want to transfer my existing phone number.’ You will be notified if your telephone number can be transferred. If not, ACN can provide you with a new telephone number, if desired.
During the transfer process, ACN will automatically assign you a temporary phone number, so you can begin to use your phone service right away! You can choose to keep your temporary phone number as a secondary line, convert it to a virtual number or disconnect the number once the transfer is complete.
Transfers may take up to 10 business days from the time you enter your request. The transfer cannot be stopped once process has started. Please note that if you have ordered ACN Home Phone Service bundled with High-Speed Internet, you should receive your Phone Adapter two days prior to the High-Speed Internet installation date.
A telephone number may be transferred to another carrier that provides traditional or digital phone service. (The receiving provider would be responsible to initiate the request.)
In order to successfully transfer your existing telephone number, your ACN Home Phone Service must be active. Once ACN receives the transfer request directly from your new phone provider, ACN will automatically disconnect your service and apply any applicable disconnect fees. This includes what is referred to as a "Port-Out Fee." The fee may vary. Consult Customer Care for details.
Yes! Moving your phone service with ACN is easy. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Log in to My Account.
- Select Move my service(s).
- Select your Move Date.
- Enter your new address information.
- Complete the remaining steps and select Next.
- Submit your request.
Email communications will be sent to provide the status and completion of updating your 911 address.
Your ACN Phone Adapter requires Internet and power; therefore, you can simply plug it in at your new address (if you have an active Internet connection and power).
Updating your service address associated with your ACN Home Phone number is important to ensure your 911 address remains current. If you move and do not update your service address, your 911 location will be associated with your old address. This will make your location inaccurate in the event of an emergency when you dial 911. (You will be able to update your address, but not your phone number.)
Once your service is active with ACN, you have the option to log in to My Account to order a second line for an additional phone number within your home. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Log in to My Account with your username and password.
- Select My Services (left menu).
- Select Service Add-Ons.
- From below the title Order New Service options, select either Order a New Service with a New Phone Number (ACN will provide you with a new phone number for your second line) or select Order New Service and Transfer Your Existing Home Phone Number (ACN will determine if your phone number can be transferred).
- Once either a new telephone number area is selected, or you enter your existing home phone number, you will be prompted to choose a new telephone adapter to accommodate your second line (that is if your original phone adapter only has a single phone port.)
- Follow the instructions to complete your request to add the second line.
- You will be advised that an email will be sent to provide you with activation instructions.